BBC Radio 3 Essays re Wagner 200

General Discussion about Wagner and The Ring of the Nibelung

Moderators: Justin Jeffrey, alberich00

BBC Radio 3 Essays re Wagner 200

Postby alberich00 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:27 pm

Dear members of, and visitors to, www.wagnerheim.com's discussion forum:

I must apologize that in my most recent post I was confused when I stated that I would be reviewing a series of brief lectures presented by such scholars as John Deathridge, A.C. Grayling, and Roger Scruton, as part of Barry Millington's Wagner 200 celebration. I was confused by the fact that the source from which I drew the youtube audio lectures was in fact BBC Radio 3 Essays in honor of Wagner 200, i.e., his bicentennial, but evidently this series of lectures has nothing to do with Millington's Wagner 200 events. So, I will begin in my next post with my attempt at a review of John Deathridge's brief lecture on "Wagner and Adorno." I say, attempt, because Deathridge speaks at such a fast clip that in spite of several attempts to fill in blanks by listening to the lecture several times, I still can't get down everything that he's saying in the right order. So, with apologies to Deathridge, I'll simply be re-stating what I can gather of his lecture to the best of my ability. I think I'll at least get the gist of it.

Your friend from Wagnerheim.com,

Paul Heise alias alberich00
alberich00
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion