My official advertisement for my "Ring" book and how to order it

General Discussion about Wagner and The Ring of the Nibelung

Moderators: alberich00, Justin Jeffrey

alberich00
Site Admin

My official advertisement for my "Ring" book and how to order it

Post by alberich00 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:29 pm

New, on September 1, 2021

The only complete study ever undertaken of the entirety of Wagner’s Ring and his employment of musical motifs to enhance its meaning.

$59.95 Hardcover ($10.00 surcharge for foreign delivery)
ISBN:  978-1680538120 Hardcover
Ask for author’s discount at: orders@academicapress.com

The Wound that will Never Heal
An allegorical Interpretation of
Richard Wagner’s

The Ring of the Nibelung
by Paul Brian Heise

By comprehensively assessing the Ring’s drama and music—rather than cherry-picking portions of it—this approach reveals for the first time the Ring’s underlying allegory, a new vision of its ‘meaning’ that calls for the wholesale revision of our received conception of it.

The Wound that will Never Heal:

Demonstrates that Wagner’s allegory narrates how music-dramatist Wagner (Siegfried and his muse of inspiration Brünnhilde) inherited dying religious faith’s (Wotan’s) longing for redemption when faith was threatened by science’s (Dark-Alberich’s, and Wotan’s [Light-Alberich’s]) accumulation of a hoard of objective knowledge.

Reveals the Ring as Wagner’s master-myth—the key to understanding all of his canonical artworks from the The Flying Dutchman to Parsifal.

Provides the most extensive annotated guide to the Ring’s musical motifs to date (193), indicates every instance in context, and identifies their initial and definitive occurrences.

Contains dozens of original insights into the influence of anti-Semitism, Greek myth, Christianity, and Ludwig Feuerbach’s atheism upon the Ring, and presents the most thorough assessment yet of Wagner’s related writings and recorded remarks for comprehending the Ring.

Paul Brian Heise
alberichnibelung276@gmail.com
paul@wagnerheim.com

$59.95 Hardcover ($10.00 surcharge for foreign delivery)
ISBN:  978-1680538120 Hardcover
Ask for author’s discount at: orders@academicapress.com

If you'd like to see the cover, which features an oil painting by Dollman of 'The Ride of the Valkyries,' google Paul Heise The Wound That Will Never Heal at Academica Press.
alberich00
Site Admin

Re: My official advertisement for my "Ring" book and how to order it

Post by alberich00 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:08 am

test